Many pastors talk about leadership. Very few have an intentional strategy to develop leaders. It’s a selfish act. Without a leadership development strategy, you’re essentially admitting: “I only care about my church today.” It’s time that changes.
Over two days in March, Mac Lake and Tony Morgan will be facilitating a leadership development experience to equip your leadership team to shift its thinking and its practices. The experience will include a guest appearance from Mark Miller, Vice President of Organizational Effectiveness at Chick-fil-A and co-author of Great Leaders Grow with Ken Blanchard. At the end of the two-day experience, your team will walk away with:
- Strategies to build leaders and establish a culture of leadership development
- A plan to invest in potential leaders in your church
- A process to help develop the spiritual vitality and skills of your leaders
- A solution that has proven to deliver an abundant harvest of reproducing leaders in like-minded churches
- Reproducible systems to develop an action plan to immediately implement your leadership development strategy
What are the session topics?
This is more than a learning experience. You’ll be engaging conversations and exercises with your teammates to develop a plan of attack that can be implemented within the next nine months. Here are the interactive leadership development sessions:
- Learning from Jesus
- Establishing the culture
- Improving your system
- Creating a structure
- Identifying the leaders
- Building the content
What are the details?
- Dates & Times: Monday, March 4 from 10 am to 6 pm and Tuesday, March 5 from 8 am to 4 pm
- Location: Chick-fil-A Headquarters in Atlanta
- Participants: Leadership teams of five people from each church; Limited to a maximum of eight churches
- Meals: Includes lunches and breaks on both days
- Cost: $2,000 per team registration fee
Who will facilitate the experience?
Mac is the Chief Launch Officer of LAUNCH, a network of churches committed to establishing healthy church starts across the U.S. and the world. In 1981, Mac moved to the Windy City, Chicago to attend Moody Bible Institute. After graduating Moody he took a position as a youth pastor at Northwood Baptist Church. From there, he moved to Dallas, Texas to attend Dallas Theological Seminary. Mac served seven years as the Senior Pastor at Carolina Forest Community Church before God began to lay a huge burden on his heart for Leadership Development. In 2004, Greg Surratt, Senior Pastor at Seacoast Church, invited Mac to join Seacoast Staff to help develop leaders for their multi-site movement. He remained as the Leadership Development Pastor for nearly seven years before accepting the call to start LAUNCH. Mac’s passion for developing leaders who produce leaders.
Tony is the Chief Strategic Officer and founder of TonyMorganLive.com. He’s a consultant, leadership coach and writer who helps churches get unstuck and have a bigger impact. Over the last five years, he’s provided coaching and consulting to over 70 churches in the U.S., Canada and the United Kingdom. For 14 years, Tony served on the senior leadership teams at West Ridge Church (Dallas, GA), NewSpring Church (Anderson, SC) and Granger Community Church (Granger, IN). His most recent books on leadership and ministry strategy are available on Kindle.