Proverbs 14:8 indicates “The wisdom of the prudent is to give thought to their ways.” Furthermore, we’re assured in verse 21:5 that “the plans of the diligent lead to profit.” That wisdom certainly applies to my personal life but I’ve also experienced the benefit of a clear corporate vision at Granger. A clear vision:
- Sets expectations and fosters unity,
- Helps facilitate decision-making that impacts our future,
- Creates a framework for defining ministry priorities,
- Attracts talent (both volunteers and staff) and financial resources, and
- Defines success for our ministry.
Agreeing on a clear vision allows you to empower others to lead and carry out ministry. It’s also a lot easier to get everyone pulling in the same direction if there’s agreement on what you’re hoping to accomplish.