Here are some highlights from Rick’s first session at the Purpose Driven Network Summit:
- Right now, “I pastor pastors.”
- Saddleback has sent almost 8,000 members overseas with the P.E.A.C.E plan.
- History has proven that the introduction of new technology usually proceeds a reformation in the church. That’s where we are with the Internet today.
- Renewal process always looks like this: (1) personal renewal with God, (2) relational renewal with others, (3) missional renewal when the church identifies it’s purpose, (4) cultural renewal, (5) structural renewal (6) institutional change outside of the church
- “Institutions preserve the change of the previous generations.” [Tony said: That’s profound. Is your church about renewal or preservation?]