Here’s what Darrin Patrick had to share at WIBO:
- “Keep yourself free from idols.”
- “If you have a loving people problem, you have an idol problem.”
- An idol is something created that we worship instead of God.
- “Anything can be a potential idol.”
- “An idol is the sin beneath the sin.”
- “What, other than Jesus, is your main source of significance?”
- Discerning idols in your life: (1) what do you worry about the most? (2) what if I failed or lost would it make me not want to live? (3) what do I do to cope or feel better? (4) what do I think most easily about? (5) what preoccupies me? (6) what do I daydream about? (7) what makes me feel the most self worth? (8) what do I want to be known for? (9) what prayer unanswered would seriously make me think about turning away from God? (10) what is my hope for the future? (11) what are the clear paths of disobedience in my life?
- “Idols hide deep in your heart”
- What do you do about idols? Repent and believe the Gospel.