So, if you haven’t heard, there’s this website called Twitter. It allows you to find out what people are doing (and thinking) in real time. In 140 character or less, people are addressing the question what are you doing? It’s kind of like a marriage between social networking (Facebook) and a blog (my website) only it’s for people with really, really short-attention spans (like you and me).
If you follow me on Twitter, you may have noticed that I recently started following you. I’m currently following over 2,300 people on Twitter. Here’s why:
- A couple of dudes I really respect, Guy Kawasaki and Michael Hyatt, recommended I try it. They said it would help me with networking. It has.
- People assumed because I wasn’t following them on Twitter that I didn’t love them. (Do you want me to name names?)
- Now that I’m following everyone, anyone can direct message me and that makes communications a lot easier.
- TweetDeck makes it possible to track all my new friends and filter through the noise to hear my closest friends.
- It helps me meet new people I would not normally have followed in the past like Christopher.
So, if you’re looking for a good time, here’s what you can do:
We’ll be Twitter friends. We’ll be able to Twitter each other. Won’t that be fun?
By the way if you are already on Twitter, who are some of the people you have found that are interesting to follow?