I just paused at 2:54 to reflect on what I’ve been up to today. Almost every conversation has been about expanding NewSpring’s ministry impact…outside of Anderson, SC.
- Getting “live” video to Florence.
- Getting Greenville campus video out to the Web.
- Launching our Web campus with Nick.
- Helping Alden ramp up his team in Columbia.
- Talking with friends at LifeChurch.tv about how they launch campuses from existing churches.
- Responding to inquiries from those who’d like to be a part of NewSpring in other communities.
- Reacting to good news about Unleash and our plans to equip other church leaders in March.
First of all, you need to know that I absolutely LOVE my job! I can’t believe I get paid to do what I get to do.
Secondly, you need to know that this is not what I signed up for at NewSpring. When I was talking with Perry more than two years ago about joining the team at NewSpring, none of these initiatives was even on his radar. I knew I wanted to serve beside Perry at NewSpring, but I really had no idea what I was going to be doing. In other words, I fell in love with the people and the mission before I knew my role.
It was a risk. But I’m more and more convinced it was worth it.
I really do love my job.