Today we’re heading home after being on the road for three weeks. We’ve had a great family vacation, and it’s also offered a fun opportunity for me to connect with several hundred church leaders across the country.
I just wanted to take the opportunity to thank the six churches that so graciously hosted the events over the last few weeks. They include:
- West Ridge Church in Dallas, Georgia – Brian Bloye planted the church in 1997. Since then, the church has grown to over 4,000 in weekend attendance, and they’ve helped plant nearly 40 churches throughout the country.
- Springcreek Church in Garland, Texas – Keith Stewart is the senior pastor. He planted the church in 1990. They moved into a brand new auditorium last summer. Check out Keith’s confession: “We were wrong.”
- Harvester Christian Church in St. Charles, Missouri – Harvester has some big news. They’ve recently hired a new senior pastor. Brian Jobe will take the role after serving 11 years at Savannah Christian Church.
- The Orchard in Aurora, Illinois – The Orchard is led by one of my favorite bloggers, Scott Hodge. Scott is one of those rare leaders who has successfully led his church through quite a transition in recent years.
- Grace Church in Powell, Ohio – Rick Nuzum is the senior pastor at Grace. Part of Rick’s story is that he’s a former football All-American and NFL player with the Los Angeles Rams and the Green Bay Packers.
- Cross Point Church in Nashville, Tennessee – Pete Wilson is the senior pastor at Cross Point. The church launced six years ago. They have a very unique arrangement in that their original campus is actually in the facilities of an older church that still meets on the same property.
I really appreciate the willingness of these churches to open their doors to other church leaders. Their staff and volunteer leaders helped make each of these gatherings possible.
And, for those of you who attended one of the stops and asked about purchasing the book, here’s where you can get Killing Cockroaches.