A couple of months ago, I let the world know that we were hiring a communications director. The world sent us Phil . Now we need to hire Phil’s partner in crime.
Our team at West Ridge Church is looking for a media director. I’m not very knowledgeable about these things, but this is the person that takes pictures, videos and moving graphics and creates visual stories. Only we need someone who is really, really good at that. My amateur film-making skills don’t qualify.
As an amateur describing this very specialized role, here’s my description of the person we want to hire:
- You are an artist looking for the freedom to use your creative gifts.
- You’re a leader. You inspire and bring the best out of others…especially gifted volunteers.
- Your mobile phone is filled with other artists and techies who can help you get the job done when a special talent is needed.
- You’re good behind the camera. You can edit with the best of them, but you’re most comfortable directing and producing multiple projects with other talented people.
- You don’t necessarily have church experience, but you love Jesus and you want to reach others.
- You love sharing stories visually.
- You love the creative process.
- You believe video is critical to reaching today’s culture with the Gospel message.
Here’s the deal–we’re building the dream team at West Ridge, and we see this role as critical to where God is taking us next. Is it you? Is it someone you know?
Seriously gifted and interested folks can email me with a resume and a link to your online home so we can check out samples of your work.
I can’t wait to have you on our team!