There’s a lot happening at the Cartersville location of West Ridge Church in the coming weeks. Because of that, I want to provide my church family an update. If you aren’t part of our community, well, you can just ignore this post. :-)
Here’s what’s coming up that you need to have on your radar:
- Momentum — Last Sunday it was fun to celebrate baptisms, the generosity you displayed with Hope for Christmas (see below) and large crowds at both services. I don’t think I’ve ever been a part of a church where worship attendance went up on Thanksgiving weekend. Thanks for continuing to invite your friends and family. Yesterday we added seats to the auditorium to accommodate the larger crowds. Pray with me that we can add a third service option soon to give us the opportunity to reach new people.
- Campus Pastor Transition — James is continuing to work with the team at the East Paulding location to transition leadership. He officially starts as the Cartersville pastor in January. In the mean time, James is participating in team conversations in Cartersville, and you will see him at several services and events in the coming weeks. We embrace team teaching at all our locations, but you will also begin to notice that James will be teaching more frequently in Cartersville.
- New Series — We start a new series this Sunday. It’s called Stressmas. You can read about the new series and then be intentional about who you will invite to join us on Sunday. I’m guessing you may know someone who is experiencing stress in their lives who would benefit from this series.
- Hope for Christmas — I’m so proud of you! Last week we collected food for Hope for Christmas. Hundreds of bags came in. You are a generous people. I love that! This week we are focusing on toys for kids or “Secret Santa Shop” gifts for parents. You can get recommendations on the Hope for Christmas website. I’m hoping we end up with a mountain of toys and gifts after this Sunday.
- Kids Singing in Services — We’re starting a new tradition this year. On Sunday, December 18, all our kids from kindergarten through fifth grade will be singing in the Sunday morning services. If you are a parent, you should have received an email message with details. I’m fully expecting December 18 to be one of our largest Sundays ever in Cartersville, so plan to arrive earlier than usual to get a parking spot, a seat and, if you have kids, to get them checked-in. More important, bring your family. Invite grandparents and cousins to watch your kids sing. (And don’t forget your camera to capture pictures and video. It’ll be a Kodak moment.)
- Christmas “Eves” Services — As we do every year, we’ll be celebrating Christmas Eve Eve in Cartersville. This year we’ll also be offering an identical program on Christmas Eve. You’ll help us make sure we have adequate seating for you and your friends if you get your FREE tickets as early as possible. The sooner you do that, the better your chances of getting your preferred service time.