This week I read a blog post on Mashable called, How Many Teens Are Actually Leaving Facebook? Evidentially, teens are “Unliking” Facebook and flocking towards Instagram. Facebook’s demographics seem to be rapidly changing.
Articles like this mean absolutely nothing to mediocre organizations (churches). They just keep doing business as usual.
Remarkable organizations (churches) pay attention. They notice change happening and quickly embrace strategies and systems to capture every single opportunity.
- Integrate Instagram into all of your other websites (main webpage, email signatures, newsletters).
- Ask existing customers, fans and followers to follow you on Instagram.
- Regularly show a behind-the-scenes look at how you do things.
- Make sure to follow the type of people you are trying to reach.
- Like lots of pictures every day and leave positive comments.
- Be brief with posts.
- Look for compelling ways to share your mission through images.
- Offer contests or giveaways.
- Share images of new things happening.
- Occassionally post your Instagram images to Facebook, Twitter and use the Facebook fan page InstaTab.