One of my values that drives The Unstuck Group is that I want to hire the most talented team I can…no matter where they live or work. In other words, part of what makes our team stronger is the fact that we work remotely.
The only way we can pull this off with success is through technology. Fortunately, technology has evolved rapidly. We have many more tools available now than we did just a few years ago.
Here’s a quick overview of some of the web solutions we are using. Some of these are more focused for businesses. Others may help those of you leading churches–particularly if you are using a multisite strategy.
1. Tripit for Team – With consultants traveling to all parts of the country, Tripit helps us keep track of all our travel itineraries so we know who is going where.
2. Expensify – This helps us automate the preparation of expense reports so that we can reimburse consultants for travel and track expenses for the churches we serve.
3. FreshBooks – This is the app we use to send and track invoices. One of my favorite features is the recurring invoice option that allows us to automate the billing process.
4. Intuit Payroll – Believe it or not, The Unstuck Team likes to get paid. Intuit Payroll not only helps us pay the team, but they also take care of all the tax reporting and payments.
5. Wave – This is the site we use for bookkeeping and financial reporting. I love Wave, and so does my accountant.
7. Grasshopper – This service gives us a toll-free business number (844-4UNSTUCK) so that you can reach anyone on the team anywhere they’re located.
8. Google Apps for Business – There’s really no better solution for sharing documents and interacting virtually than through Google Apps. We use Gmail, Calendar and Drive for everything we do.
9. Base CRM – This is the solution we use to track all the leaders and churches we’re helping and the conversations we’re having with them.
10. Asana – This is how we stay on top of all the projects and tasks we are working to complete. Asana helps us avoid using our email inboxes as task lists.
That’s my top ten list. Any web solutions you recommend for a team that works remotely?