- Every pastor is an interim pastor.
- There is no cookie cutter approach to succession planning.
- The lack of emergency succession plans is staggering.
- Pastors and boards have done a poor job of creating options for a future identity.
- Many pastors do not retire because they do not have enough income.
- Churches should revisit their succession plan each year.
- A great succession plan is the best legacy you can leave your church.
- Pre-order the book: NextPastor.com
- Full book title: NEXT: Pastoral Succession That Works
- Book release: September 2014 through Baker Books
- Foreword by: John Ortberg, Pastor of Menlo Park Presbyterian Church
- William’s twitter: @wvanderbloemen
- William’s bio: www.vanderbloemen.com/team
- Co-author: Warren Bird, Director of Research at Leadership Network and co-author of over 20 books
- Warren’s bio: http://warrenbird.com/biography