I had a chance to catch up with Jenni Catron to talk about her new book, The Four Dimensions of Extraordinary Leadership. Here’s the interview and a few highlights from the book.
- Leadership requires all of me — my heart, my soul, my mind, and my strength. To not give all of me would be to shortchange God and others of what God has given me.
- Discovering the “liabilities” of our strengths is best done in community. Those you lead will see what you don’t.
- “Leaders are keepers of culture. They know that great team cultures require deliberate effort.”
- Praying for wisdom for ourselves is critical as leaders, but it is equally important we pray for wisdom for those we lead. That’s what the Apostle Paul did.
- “We’re all inclined to naturally be either dreamers or doers….The strength dimension of an extraordinary leader is achieved when you’ve learned to be the bridge between both.”