Next week I’m going to be gathering with the leadership team of The Unstuck Group to refresh our vision and action plan for 2016 and beyond. Unfortunately, one of the curses of my wiring is that I’m always asking the question what’s next? What happened yesterday is complete, and I’m moving on to the future.
The fact is, though, 2015 was an incredible year for our team. I just wanted to pause for a moment and reflect on what we experienced.
- We had the opportunity to serve over 60 churches by helping them through a health assessment, development of an action plan and reviewing their staffing and structure.
- We added Amy Anderson, Amanda Baranowski, Ron Baum, Sara Chapple, Josh Clark, David D’Angelo, Chad Hunt, Tammy Kelley, Michael Moore, Chris Surratt and Elizabeth Welborne to our team. That more than doubled our capacity to serve churches.
- We traveled to 22 states, Canada and the United Kingdom to help churches get unstuck.
- We launched an online ministry health assessment to encourage churches to take a first step in understanding what’s working and where there are opportunities for improvement.
- The churches we served ranged in size from under 100 to over 22,000 in attendance. In case you’re curious, the average size church we serve is 1,150 people.
- We started GrowthSolutions–our service that is designed to coach leadership teams at smaller churches who want to take intentional steps towards growing their church to 500 in weekly attendance.
- We worked in 18 different denominations. That included launching a new initiative supporting denominations that want to resource their healthiest churches that have the most potential for future growth.
- We engaged 46 leaders in coaching networks to help them take their next steps in their leadership.
- We refreshed our website to better reflect what we do to help churches get unstuck.
- We released two eBooks. The first one was 7 Warning Signs Your Church Has Ministry Silos. The second one was Reaching and Leading Millennials.
It was a great year for our team, and I wanted to take the opportunity to share this with you. You’re welcome to celebrate with us, but, more important, we covet your prayers as we gather next week to plan for the future.
We want to help more churches get unstuck.