This New Process is a Game-Changer For Our Consulting Team, and Could Be For Your Church
About ten years ago I heard a message from Andy Stanley at the Catalyst Conference about sustaining momentum. He suggested the three components of sustaining momentum were the new, the improved and the improving. He’s right. It’s part of why we continue to experience momentum at The Unstuck Group.
The consultants on our team have been on the ground working with over 325 churches. When we engage with a church, one of the primary things we do is help them identify where they are healthy and where they may be stuck. But then we help them discern where God wants their church to be in the future and build a ministry plan to see that vision become reality.
Though we’ve served hundreds of churches, we still continue to try new approaches, improve previous processes and continuously assess and tweak how we help churches get unstuck.
Over the last 12 months, this continuous improvement process has been in overdrive.
I’ve worked with my team to completely revamp our process for helping churches move toward sustained health.
Here are some of the critical shifts we’ve made:
- Unstuck Church Assessment for Teams – We’ve developed an online tool to help teams complete a self-assessment of the church’s health.
- Weekend Service Observations – We’ve improved our “secret shopper” experience that provides a detailed assessment of what guests at the church experience during a weekend service.
- Mission Focus – We’ve developed a conversation tool based on Scripture from the New Testament to help teams confirm the ultimate mission of the church.
- Defining the Mission Field – We’ve created a brand-new process to help teams better understand the mission field where God has placed their church and identify who the church is focused on reaching within that mission field.
- Discipleship Path – Because many churches struggled with spiritual formation strategies, we have implemented a new series of exercises to help the church clarify its discipleship path.
- Growth Engines – We want healthy churches to grow, so we established a tool to help churches to identify their growth engines—strategies to grow the number of people the church is reaching and how they can help people grow spiritually.
- Shaping Culture – Healthy churches are more than vision statements and ministry strategies, they are made up of healthy leaders who foster a healthy culture. That’s why we’ve included a new process for helping churches shape the culture of their team.
- Vision Clarity – We’ve implemented a spiritually-driven process to discern God’s desire for the church’s future and define a clear vision to rally people’s prayer, time and resources.
- Vital Signs – Now that we have years of research compiling data from both growing and declining churches, we have included critical “Vital Signs” benchmarks into the dashboard we help teams develop to monitor church health.
- Immediate Action – If you know one thing about The Unstuck Group, it’s that we are disturbed by planning without action. That’s why we have implemented 90-day action cycles to help teams immediately follow through on the next steps toward their vision.
- Staffing & Structure – After the enhancements we’ve made over the last 12 months, I’m confident there is no better process available to help churches assess the leadership capacity and staffing structure questions and concerns they may have. Churches that go through our process rave about the clarity it provides for their staffing structure and alignment.
If it sounds like I’m excited about these changes, that’s because I’m re-energized by the improvements my team has developed. I think we’ve provided great help to churches in years past, but this new process has been a game-changer for us.
- How to Assess Your Ministry’s Health: This is How We Approach it.
- What Strategic Planning Should Do for a Church
- How We Help You Get Your Staff Structure Unstuck
Needless to say, that fuels word-of-mouth marketing as friends talk to friends about how we are helping churches get unstuck. That means we are helping more and more churches have a bigger Kingdom Impact.
As I’ve mentioned before, we have worked with all kinds of churches in all parts of the United States and several other countries.
- We’ve worked with churches of many different denominations and churches that don’t have a denomination.
- We’ve worked with rural, suburban and urban churches.
- We’ve worked with single location and multisite churches.
- We’ve worked churches of less than 200 people and churches with more than 20,000 people.
What I want you to hear is this:
We can right-size this new church consulting process to fit the needs of your church. Don’t assume money will be a barrier, because we right-size the cost, as well. We want this new ministry planning process to be accessible to all churches… especially the churches that believe they need it most.
Want to learn more? Then let’s start a conversation. The Unstuck Group would love to engage with you and your team in 2019.